It is that time of the year again, Spring is around the corner, and the West Coast has a treat for you…
Spring is one of the most beautiful and colorful seasons. In particular the flowers blossoming in the West Coast, South Africa. Apart from the lovely beaches and sunny weather, the flowers is something not to be missed. Cape Town Shuttle Services private tours is here to assist and guide you on this adventure.
Where will you find the beautiful flowers?
- The West Coast National Park
- Post berg Flower Reserve
This is the most prominent location to see and discover the flowers, in a vast variety of beautiful and natural colors. Who would want to miss out on breathtaking beauty that mother nature has blessed us with. Just a few miles from the West Coast Nature Reserve lies the town, Langebaan. A well known vacation destination among the locals of the Western Cape.
When is the right time?
The best time to visit these spectacular West coast up to Namaqualand is during August and September, the flowers are in full bloom at this time. If you are spending more than a day or two in the surroundings, our drivers and tour guides will take you up to the Namaqualand National Park where you are able to overnight in the area.
For those who are planning to stay more than a day or two to see the Namaqualand flowers, we will take you up to the Namaqualand National Park where you can overnight in the area.
Namaqualand National Park
Activities available include:
Additional activities include:
- A circular drive with viewpoints during the spring flowering season.
- Picnic sites.
- A seasonal visitor information centre.
Where to stay?
Skilpad Rest Camp
- four chalets, each with two single beds in the bedroom and a ¾-sleeper couch (suitable for one adult or two children) in the open plan living room / kitchen.
- A dining area, on the enclosed veranda and an indoor fireplace and outside braai area.
- The units come equipped with ceiling fans and 220V electricity. One unit (#3) has been adapted for use by guests with challenged mobility. The kitchen is fully equipped with crockery and cutlery, cooking utensils, glassware, a 4-plate stove, microwave, fridge / freezer combo, kettle and toaster.
Luiperdskloof Guest Cottage
- This exclusive unit is accessible with 4×4 vehicles only.
- no electricity. Gas oven and oil lanterns/candles with no fridge/freezer facilities.
- three bedrooms; one bedroom with a double bed and two bedrooms with two 3/4 beds each. It offers one bathroom with a shower, toilet and washbasin.
- fireplace in the lounge and a braai area outside.
- The kitchen is fully equipped (excluding electrical equipment). Guests must provide their own firewood.
- No shop, restaurant or filling station available in the Park.
- Limited cell phone reception at cottage.
- Check-in time no later than 14:00. From the office it is a 2-3 hour drive to the cottage. Please contact the Park directly for special requests or other queries. Short hiking trails and picnic sites is for the exclusive use of residents.
Please note: Luiperdskloof can only be booked directly via the Park, at (02)7 672 1948.
Namaqua Flower Camps/23 August – 23 September 2018
A landscape carpeted in wildflowers, starry skies that stretch as far as the eye can see and a luxury tent with a spectacular view.
You can book this unforgettable and unique experience online at http://flowercamps.co.za/book-no
Coastal Camp Sites
- camps are all rustic and aim to maintain the wilderness character of this coastline.
- Guests need to bring everything they need for camping.
- Thee are no water or ablutions.
- No cellphone reception.
- The roads to most sites are poor with stretches of soft sand. Vehicles towing caravans or trailers should be careful.
- Guest should bring their own firewood.
Visit https://www.sanparks.org/parks/namaqua/tourism/tariffs.php for additional information on daily conservation and entry fees.
- Park Tel: +27 (0)27 672 1948
- Fax: +27 (0)27 672 1015
- For online booking: https://www.sanparks.org/bookings/