Sea Point is situated around beautiful buildings and sandy beaches. This place offers various outdoor activities for kids and adults and is sandwiched between Lion’s Head and the Atlantic Ocean. It is a popular tourist attraction and is filled with loads of activities to keep the family occupied.
Things to do…
- Sea Point Promenade allows you to walk, skate, run or cycle. Bicycles can be hired from a cycling company called Up Cycles at Sea Point Pavilion
- If you are a skater then join the crew on Monday every week
- Do you like to keep fit? At Sea Point Promenade they offer a free open-air-gym. Everyone is welcome to enjoy a free yet productive workout. Imagine working out in the fresh air with a beautiful view to enjoy.
- If you’re the type to enjoy surfing Sea Point offers a range of surf spots including; Queens, Rocklands, Solly’s, Thermopylae and so much more. Keep in mind that these are surfers more experienced than the average beginner.
- Sea Point Pavilion baths is a classic and favorite to the community and visitors from around Cape Town. It was selected as one of the top swimming pools. There are pools for all age groups, from toddlers up to an Olympic sized pool for adults. It also includes a springboard diving pool for those who enjoy the rush of diving or jumping into a pool. It is open to the public every day. What makes this place so special is the overlook of the Atlantic Ocean.
- If you’re interested in exploring the wonders of Sea Point the City Sightseeing bus is there to take you on a journey around the area.
- Enjoy a picnic on Signal Hill where there’s a great view of Sea Point and the rest of the Mother City.
- Start off your summer holiday at the beach. Sea Point is lucky to be one of the wind-sheltered beaches. Get ready for a fun-filled day at Sea Points Shelley beaches where you can relax while reading a book or a tan in the sun
- Enjoy a magnificent two hour or half a day coastal Kayak trail at Kaskazi Kayak. If you’re lucky you may get to see a whale or dolphin making its way to the top of the sea.
- No Sea Point adventure or visit would be complete without playing putt-putt (miniature golf) at the retro putt-putt course. This is an entertaining activity for you and the family.
- If you want to play football there are various informal soccer teams along the promenade. Get some friends together and start a team.
Additional Information on Kaskazi Kayaks
Kaskazi is situated in Sea Point at Three Anchor Bay – next to the Shell garage on Beach Road – they specialize in spectacular guided kayak experiences, kayaks, and kayak training. The friendly and relaxed shop is the heart and soul of Kaskazi brand. They stock various kayaking and outdoor adventurous gear.
Kayak intro Course: R495.00
Guided Kayak adventures: R400.00
Contact Details: http://kayak.co.za/contact-us/#.W5FvSugzbIU